CLASS TIMINGS 2017 - 2018
The classes are running from October 1st 2017 to April 30th 2018 in Vagator, North Goa. Sundays, Full Moon and New Moon days, and New Year's day are holiday.The minimum time of participating is one week (5-6 days). Joining for one month is recommended, especially for beginners. Registration in advance only.
Monday to Friday 6.30 AM – 9.30 AM Mysore style (Doors open at 6.00 AM) Beginners 8.30 AM – 9.30 AM
Saturdays 7.00 AM Led Primary, Beginners class 8.30 AM – 9.30 AM
Please register in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org
In Mysore class, you will be doing the practice at your own pace, following the rhythm of your breath. The sequence will be built gradually as you learn the asanas one by one with the correct breathing. Memorizing the sequence is part of the practice. Mysore class is suitable for all levels and the instructions are given individually to each practitioner. This is the traditional way of learning the Ashtanga yoga method as taught earlier by Pattabhi Jois, and currently by R. Sharath Jois and R. Saraswathi Jois in Mysore, India.
Full primary series with vinyasa count
MOON DAYS for 2017-18
Thursday October 5th (Full Moon)
Thursday October 19th (New Moon)
Saturday November 4th (Full Moon)
Saturday November 18th (New Moon)
Sunday December 3rd (Full Moon)
Monday December 18th (New Moon)
MONDAY JANUARY 1ST NO CLASS (New Year)
Tuesday January 2nd (Full Moon)
Wednesday January 17th (New Moon)
Wednesday January 31st (Full Moon)
Thursday February 15th (New Moon)
Thursday March 1st (Full Moon)
Saturday March 17th (New Moon)
Saturday March 31st (Full Moon)
Monday April 16th (New Moon)
Monday April 30th (Full Moon)
We do not arrange accommodation. There are several guesthouses and hotels nearby, in which the students can stay.
- Don't drink or eat anything during the practice. It is also recommended not to eat for four hours before the practice or drink large quantities just before the practice.
- Please shower and wash your feet before coming to practice. Wash the practice clothes and your yoga mat regularly. If you sweat a lot, carry a small towel with you.
- Switch off your mobile phone or turn it mute before coming to class. Respect the silence in the shala surroundings.
- Please inform the teacher if you have any injuries, health problems or if you are pregnant.
- Ladies holiday: it is recommended not to practice during the first three days of the periods.
- Please don't wear strong perfume or cologne during the class.